Date:Wednesday June 20 2007
Rules should always been checked and amended as necessary, but talk around the upper echelons of the beautiful game are looking at the biggest shake up of the game ever. Certain aspects of the game have always come into question regarding their worth and merits but the following list is surely just laughable.
1. Allow a window of time (30 seconds) in which a player can 'vent his frustrations' towards the officials. This would give enough time for a player to cool down without fear of a yellow or red card. An official can also use this 'window' to put their opinions across.
2. A new card to work with the red and yellow. A blue card would be given for minor offences like kicking the ball away, leading to a yellow then red.
3. Increase in goal width from 8 yards to 15 metres, resulting in higher scoring games.
4. Adopt the Ice Hockey approach to on the field scraps by standing back and letting the protagonists 'get on with it'. Any player left standing would then be penalised accordingly.
5. Any player who receives a blue or yellow card can effectively 'lose' a card by scoring a goal. For instance if a player receives a blue card but then hits a 30 yard screamer, they would go back to no cards.
6. Use a 'sin bin' for certain infringements. The 'sin bin' should be placed in front of opposing fans but must be fully enclosed.
Join Vital Leeds
To visit the Vital Leeds message board, click here.
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Leeds.
LUFC On This Day - December 9th (Monday December 9 2013)
LUFC Leeds Loan Watch - December 1st - 7th (Sunday December 8 2013)
The Surrey Whites are expanding in the London area (Sunday December 8 2013)
LUFC Leeds to face Rochdale in FA Cup (Sunday December 8 2013)
LUFC Who do you want in the FA Cup? (Sunday December 8 2013)
LUFC Opposition View - Zola critical of officials (Sunday December 8 2013)
LUFC Leeds Fan View v Watford (Sunday December 8 2013)
LUFC FA Cup Third Round Draw Details (Sunday December 8 2013)
LUFC Mixed emotions for McDermott (Sunday December 8 2013)
LUFC On This Day - December 8th (Sunday December 8 2013)
|8. Leeds Utd||19||9||3||7||6||30|
|Harry: We're Taking It Seriously
» Q.P.R. : 09/12/2013 16:04:00
|Royston glad to be back in the fold
» Reading : 09/12/2013 16:00:00
|Former Birmingham Player Arrested
» Birmingham : 09/12/2013 15:21:00
|Another Big Blow for Birmingham
» Birmingham : 09/12/2013 15:04:00
|Barnsley`s Next Manager
» Barnsley : 09/12/2013 13:03:00
|Player Ratings - Bournemouth (H)
» Reading : 09/12/2013 13:00:00
|Royals drawn away in FA Cup
» Reading : 09/12/2013 10:00:00