Date:Wednesday June 20 2007
Rules should always been checked and amended as necessary, but talk around the upper echelons of the beautiful game are looking at the biggest shake up of the game ever. Certain aspects of the game have always come into question regarding their worth and merits but the following list is surely just laughable.
1. Allow a window of time (30 seconds) in which a player can 'vent his frustrations' towards the officials. This would give enough time for a player to cool down without fear of a yellow or red card. An official can also use this 'window' to put their opinions across.
2. A new card to work with the red and yellow. A blue card would be given for minor offences like kicking the ball away, leading to a yellow then red.
3. Increase in goal width from 8 yards to 15 metres, resulting in higher scoring games.
4. Adopt the Ice Hockey approach to on the field scraps by standing back and letting the protagonists 'get on with it'. Any player left standing would then be penalised accordingly.
5. Any player who receives a blue or yellow card can effectively 'lose' a card by scoring a goal. For instance if a player receives a blue card but then hits a 30 yard screamer, they would go back to no cards.
6. Use a 'sin bin' for certain infringements. The 'sin bin' should be placed in front of opposing fans but must be fully enclosed.
Join Vital Leeds
To visit the Vital Leeds message board, click here.
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Leeds.
Stats: Huddersfield Town v Leeds United (Saturday January 31 2015)
LUFC Leeds team to face Huddersfield (Saturday January 31 2015)
LUFC Bamba to set Leeds on their way? (Saturday January 31 2015)
LUFC Huddersfield Town v Leeds United - History (Saturday January 31 2015)
LUFC On This Day - January 31st (Saturday January 31 2015)
Do you think Leeds will complete a rare double? (Friday January 30 2015)
LUFC Premier League Referee to take charge (Friday January 30 2015)
LUFC Pearce on why he had to leave unstable Leeds (Friday January 30 2015)
LUFC Pearce completes move to Wigan (Friday January 30 2015)
LUFC Leeds set to miss out on striker (Friday January 30 2015)
|Derby County||2||-||0||Leeds Utd|
|21. Leeds Utd||27||7||8||12||-10||29|
» Rotherham : 31/01/2015 23:16:00
|RUFC -Hall Becomes A Hatter
» Rotherham : 31/01/2015 22:58:00
|Millers Earn A Point At The Valley
» Rotherham : 31/01/2015 22:36:00
| Karanka salutes another win
» Middlesbrough : 31/01/2015 21:46:00
|Boro sting Bees
» Middlesbrough : 31/01/2015 20:53:00