Date:Wednesday June 20 2007
Rules should always been checked and amended as necessary, but talk around the upper echelons of the beautiful game are looking at the biggest shake up of the game ever. Certain aspects of the game have always come into question regarding their worth and merits but the following list is surely just laughable.
1. Allow a window of time (30 seconds) in which a player can 'vent his frustrations' towards the officials. This would give enough time for a player to cool down without fear of a yellow or red card. An official can also use this 'window' to put their opinions across.
2. A new card to work with the red and yellow. A blue card would be given for minor offences like kicking the ball away, leading to a yellow then red.
3. Increase in goal width from 8 yards to 15 metres, resulting in higher scoring games.
4. Adopt the Ice Hockey approach to on the field scraps by standing back and letting the protagonists 'get on with it'. Any player left standing would then be penalised accordingly.
5. Any player who receives a blue or yellow card can effectively 'lose' a card by scoring a goal. For instance if a player receives a blue card but then hits a 30 yard screamer, they would go back to no cards.
6. Use a 'sin bin' for certain infringements. The 'sin bin' should be placed in front of opposing fans but must be fully enclosed.
Join Vital Leeds
To visit the Vital Leeds message board, click here.
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Leeds.
LUFC On This Day - October 21st (Tuesday October 21 2014)
Johnson hoping fans remember what he did for Leeds (Monday October 20 2014)
LUFC Parkin strike not enough for Leeds (Monday October 20 2014)
LUFC Norwich City v Leeds United - Over The Years (Monday October 20 2014)
LUFC Norwich City v Leeds United Team News (Monday October 20 2014)
LUFC On This Day - October 20th (Monday October 20 2014)
LUFC Norwich City View Ahead Of Leeds Clash (Sunday October 19 2014)
Will Leeds knock the canaries off their perch? (Sunday October 19 2014)
LUFC Premier League referee in charge at Norwich (Sunday October 19 2014)
LUFC Striker walking disciplinary tightrope (Sunday October 19 2014)
|Leeds Utd||1||-||1||Sheff Wed|
|11. Sheff Wed||12||4||5||3||0||17|
|14. Leeds Utd||12||4||3||5||-3||15|
|Is This The One? - Latics v Millwall
» Wigan : 21/10/2014 11:29:00
|90% of Blues Fans Say Yes to Sacking
» Birmingham : 21/10/2014 11:21:00
|What The Stats Say: Blackburn
» Birmingham : 21/10/2014 11:15:00
|Blues Begin Life Without Clark
» Birmingham : 21/10/2014 11:09:00
|Leeds United - The Preview
» Norwich : 21/10/2014 10:04:00