Date:Wednesday June 20 2007
Rules should always been checked and amended as necessary, but talk around the upper echelons of the beautiful game are looking at the biggest shake up of the game ever. Certain aspects of the game have always come into question regarding their worth and merits but the following list is surely just laughable.
1. Allow a window of time (30 seconds) in which a player can 'vent his frustrations' towards the officials. This would give enough time for a player to cool down without fear of a yellow or red card. An official can also use this 'window' to put their opinions across.
2. A new card to work with the red and yellow. A blue card would be given for minor offences like kicking the ball away, leading to a yellow then red.
3. Increase in goal width from 8 yards to 15 metres, resulting in higher scoring games.
4. Adopt the Ice Hockey approach to on the field scraps by standing back and letting the protagonists 'get on with it'. Any player left standing would then be penalised accordingly.
5. Any player who receives a blue or yellow card can effectively 'lose' a card by scoring a goal. For instance if a player receives a blue card but then hits a 30 yard screamer, they would go back to no cards.
6. Use a 'sin bin' for certain infringements. The 'sin bin' should be placed in front of opposing fans but must be fully enclosed.
Join Vital Leeds
To visit the Vital Leeds message board, click here.
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Leeds.
LUFC LMA Chief Richard Bevan slams Massimo Cellino (Thursday May 28 2015)
LUFC Leeds off to Austria and Norway (Thursday May 28 2015)
LUFC Cellino is in a rush to do things at Leeds (Thursday May 28 2015)
LUFC Rosler looking to lay solid foundations (Thursday May 28 2015)
LUFC On This Day - May 28th (Thursday May 28 2015)
LUFC Head chopped by Cellino (Wednesday May 27 2015)
LUFC Becchio released by Norwich (Wednesday May 27 2015)
LUFC Rosler excited about working with group of players (Wednesday May 27 2015)
LUFC On This Day - May 27th (Wednesday May 27 2015)
LUFC Rosler set to make first appointment (Tuesday May 26 2015)
|13. Sheff Wed||46||14||18||14||-6||60|
|15. Leeds Utd||46||15||11||20||-11||56|
|Video - Watch Owls Playoff Win Ten Years On
» Sheff Wed : 29/05/2015 05:00:00
|Martin Making Progress
» Derby County : 28/05/2015 21:49:00
|Lansbury Out, Foderingham In?
» Forest : 28/05/2015 20:37:01
|Toffolo Will Fight For Place
» Norwich : 28/05/2015 20:02:00
|Duo On Welsh Standby List
» Charlton : 28/05/2015 19:46:01