Date:Wednesday June 20 2007
Rules should always been checked and amended as necessary, but talk around the upper echelons of the beautiful game are looking at the biggest shake up of the game ever. Certain aspects of the game have always come into question regarding their worth and merits but the following list is surely just laughable.
1. Allow a window of time (30 seconds) in which a player can 'vent his frustrations' towards the officials. This would give enough time for a player to cool down without fear of a yellow or red card. An official can also use this 'window' to put their opinions across.
2. A new card to work with the red and yellow. A blue card would be given for minor offences like kicking the ball away, leading to a yellow then red.
3. Increase in goal width from 8 yards to 15 metres, resulting in higher scoring games.
4. Adopt the Ice Hockey approach to on the field scraps by standing back and letting the protagonists 'get on with it'. Any player left standing would then be penalised accordingly.
5. Any player who receives a blue or yellow card can effectively 'lose' a card by scoring a goal. For instance if a player receives a blue card but then hits a 30 yard screamer, they would go back to no cards.
6. Use a 'sin bin' for certain infringements. The 'sin bin' should be placed in front of opposing fans but must be fully enclosed.
Join Vital Leeds
To visit the Vital Leeds message board, click here.
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Leeds.
LUFC On This Day - September 3rd (Thursday September 3 2015)
LUFC Leeds United Summer Transfer Rumours Round-Up (Wednesday September 2 2015)
LUFC Ajose leaves Leeds to join Swindon (Wednesday September 2 2015)
LUFC On This Day - September 2nd (Wednesday September 2 2015)
LUFC Stokes and Phillips on target in Leeds win (Tuesday September 1 2015)
LUFC Best Transfer Window In Years (Tuesday September 1 2015)
LUFC Summer Trialist Joins Rovers (Tuesday September 1 2015)
LUFC Botaka completes move to Leeds United (Tuesday September 1 2015)
LUFC 'Mini Messi' Makes Spanish Move (Tuesday September 1 2015)
LUFC On This Day - September 1st (Tuesday September 1 2015)
|10. Leeds Utd||5||1||4||0||1||7|
|11. MK Dons||5||2||1||2||1||7|
|Ipswich Town's International Pedigree
» Ipswich : 03/09/2015 16:03:00
|Can We Beat Villa?
» Birmingham : 03/09/2015 15:18:00
|Opinion: Gleeson nomination deserved
» Birmingham : 03/09/2015 13:00:01
|Can Wolves now keep Afobe happy?
» Wolves : 03/09/2015 11:00:01
|So why was Stearman sold to Fulham?
» Wolves : 03/09/2015 09:00:01