LUFC Leeds season in numbers
Vital Leeds United looks at the 2011/12 season in numbers.
0. Points taken off top two in the championship
1. Own goals for Leeds. Brian Easton put through his own net for Burnley in the 88th minute to bring us level in the game at Elland Road in January. There was still time for Ross McCormack to score a winner.
2. Leeds best winning sequence was two games on four occasions. It hasn`t been done since beating Nottingham Forest and Millwall in November and December.
3. Wins achieved by Neil Warnock in 14 games
4. Most goals in a game against Hull, Nottingham Forest and Peterborough
5. Times Robert Snodgrass hit the woodwork, the most by any Leeds player
6. Penalties conceded. Patrick Kisnorbo conceded two of these.
7. Goals scored by Nottingham Forest at Leeds in a 7-3 defeat, Leeds heaviest in their history
8. Away wins by Leeds. Only five teams won more on their travels
9. Number of players sent off this season for Leeds
10. Amount of goals scored in injury time by Leeds
11. Record number of home defeats in a season in the clubs history. Only Nottingham Forest lost more at home this season (12)
12. Only amount of fouls made by Tom Lees
13. When Leeds scored first in games they would have finished 13th in the championship. They won 12 and drew 3 of their 18 games when scoring first.
14. Final league position
15. Amount of assists by Robert Snodgrass. Only Chris Burke of Birmingham (16) had more in the championship.
16. Luciano Becchio and Mikael Forssell both made 16 substitute appearances. The most by any Leeds players.
17. Wins by Leeds this season
18. Leeds scored the first goal in the game in 18 of their 46 games in the championship
19. Goals scored by leading goalscorer Ross McCormack in all competitions.
20. First time since the 2006/07 season that no Leeds player has reached 20 goals in a season.
21. On second half performances, Leeds would have won 21 of their games and drawn 10 and finished fifth in the championship.
22. Different players cautioned for Leeds this season.
23. Leeds position in the championship against sides in the top half of the table. Leeds won just three times against sides in the top half of the table in twenty-four games
27. Amount of goals conceded away from home
28. Leeds conceded the first goal in 28 of their 46 games.
31. Goals scored away from home
34. Amount of goals scored at Elland Road by Leeds
35. Players used by Leeds this season
41. Goals conceded at home. The worst home defensive record in the championship
42. Most starts in the championship by Ross McCormack, Robert Snodgrass and Adam Clayton
45. Appearances in the championship by Ross McCormack. The most by any Leeds player
51. Shots off target by Ross McCormack in the championship. The most by any Leeds player.
61. Points tally at the end of the season
65. Goals scored by Leeds
68. Goals conceded
74. Amount of yellow cards shown to Leeds players
75. Fouls by Adam Clayton, most by any Leeds player
76. Shots on target by Ross McCormack in the championship. The most by any player in the division.
81. Shots on target by Ross McCormack in all competitions. Most by any Leeds player
132. Amount of shots in total by Ross McCormack this season. The most by any Leeds player in all competitions.
215. Lowest away support brought to Leeds by Millwall in December
222. Shots off target by Leeds this season
289 Shots on target by Leeds this season
526 Shots in total by Leeds this season having also hit the woodwork 15 times.
528 Fouls made by Leeds players. Only Portsmouth (558) and Watford (537) made more.
1,396 Lowest following taken away by Leeds to Cardiff in April
2,956 Most away fans brought to Elland Road by West Ham in March
3,093 Average amount of fans taken by Leeds on their travels this season. The most by any club in the championship
3,920 Attendances down on average at Elland Road this season
5,800 Biggest away following of the season at Barnsley.
19,469 Lowest home crowd of the season against Peterborough in April
23,379 Average attendance at Elland Road this season.
33,366 Highest home crowd of the season against West Ham in March
71,155 Amount of supporters in the away end for Leeds in their 23 away games this season
535,519 Have come through the turnstiles at Elland Road this season
Vital Leeds are the proud sponsors of the Thames Valley Whites Regional Supporters club
The fastest growing Leeds United supporters club in the South of England, with over 200 members since its formation in April 2009, travel to all games home and away.
The branch has pick up points at Basingstoke, Reading, Didcot, Abingdon, Oxford, Bicester and Banbury and will consider other pick up points on request.
Vital Leeds offers everything that a Leeds United supporter could wish for. If you can think of something and suggest it, we`ll put it on the website!
With news and views, along with a forum, polls and article comments, everything you need in a fans site is right here!
You can even win prizes, by posting articles comments, posting on the message forum and voting on the polls.
Vital is also 100% interactive. Not only can you have your say on the articles and the forum but you can also suggest an article or a poll so you can air your views.
So why not join Vital today?
It's easy to register here and enjoy getting involved
To visit the message board, click here.
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Leeds .
Vital Leeds is now available on both facebook and twitter, so if you are that way inclined and more importantly understand all this new fangled dangled stuff, feel free to watch us, poke us or whatever else you are meant to do there!
Vital Leeds on:
Vital Leeds on:
Join Vital Leeds
It's easy to REGISTER HERE, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.