What Leeds Has To Offer
From Vital England:
Leeds is one of 16 cities currently vying to be one of the final 12 selected as host cities for England's world cup bid, but what does it have to offer?
We find out, as we ask Dazza71 what they think it can bring to the table for the world cup bid...
1) Leeds has applied to be a host city, what are the pros of this?
They would have to improve the stadium as only the East Stand is good enough to host such a prestigious competition.
2) And the cons?
Can't think of any, it would mean jobs in the Leeds area and plenty of visitors from around the world.
3) Is Elland Road up to the task of staging a world cup game at the moment - if not will it come 2018/2022?
The stadium is big enough but certainly not good enough when you compare it to others around the country at the moment.
4) What is Leeds most famous for?
It's football team!
5) What would it mean to you to see the world cup converge on Leeds if successful?
Absolutely nothing, I'm not from Leeds and live 200 miles away.
6) Come on, hand on heart, tinted specs off, totally unbiased view will Leeds be successful with the host city bid?
No, they have got no chance.
7) Most importantly, do you think that England will be successful with the 2018/2022 world cup bid anyway?
No - They haven't got a hope with Sepp Blatter in charge of FIFA, and if he has a word with the head of UEFA (Michel Platini) that would put the final nail in the coffin.
Full article: England - What Leeds has to offer.